In anticipation of the upcoming three weeks of warmth we call summer here in Montpelier, Hubbard Park would like to announce a new family event. This July 21-23rd, we are inviting the community to spend the weekend in Hubbard Park for the first inaugural HOWL Family Arts Festival!
What is HOWLfest? The HOWL Family Arts Festival (HOWL stands for Hubbard Outdoor Wilderness Living) will be a celebration of the natural world that is right in our community's backyard. For the first time ever, Hubbard Park will open its gates for a weekend of camping for Friday and Saturday Night only. HOWLers (aka festival attendees) will be able to camp inside the park in several designated locations. In addition the camping, the weekend will feature a multitude of activities for all ages. Some of the highlights include:
- Headlining bands on Friday and Saturday evenings (The Stone Cold Roosters on Friday and Mal Maiz on Saturday)
- A giant slip ‘n slide near the sledding hill
- A kids ‘maker space’
- Night hikes, a hike to the mountaineers game and the pool for night swimming
- Evening bonfires
- Kids dance party and talent show on our new “Tuning Forks” stage.
- Music and Entertainment from Modern Times Theater, Mayfly, The Freedom and Unity Jazz Band, and others)
- Outdoor yoga, relay races, field games, and other recreation!
NCCC group helping protect and transform Montpelier Parks!
The NCCC americorp group is working with Montpelier Parks staff and Eco Americorp member Emily Markstein to improve and protect our parks. One of the focus points in to help remove invasive plants and plant natives to improve the habitat for people and wildlife.
This is a picture of the group with most of the park commissioners at a recent potluck!