Montpelier CAN! Community Picture Project
A Day in the Life: 10.10.2010
The purpose of A Day in the Life: 10.10.2010 is to celebrate each of Montpelier’s unique neighborhoods and residents by taking photographs throughout the City on a single day. Given the success of the 1.10.10 project, CAN! has decided to replicate the event during Vermont’s most beautiful season, autumn. While individual photos will capture distinct aspects of Montpelier’s neighborhoods, together, the photos in the exhibit will paint a collective picture of our City.
A Day in the Life – 10.10.2010
All Montpelier residents are encouraged to submit photos of their neighborhood to be displayed in the exhibit. If you are unsure of your what neighborhood you reside, please provide your address when submitting your photos.
The exhibit will be composed of photographs that capture the extraordinary in the ordinary, within one’s neighborhood. For example, photos of dinner with friends, walking the dog, sledding, brushing your teeth, landscapes, people, pets—the little things that make life interesting and worthwhile.
Photos are to be taken from 12:01am-12:59pm on October 10, 2010. The photo exhibition will be displayed in early November. This means that the exhibition will be displayed during Election Day. The exhibit is free and open to the public. There will be a public vote for “Best in Show.” The winner will receive a gift certificate to a local restaurant.
Photos should be taken in one’s respective neighborhood. The opening reception and exhibit will take place in City Hall.
Photo submission guidelines:
Deadline for Entry
All entries must be received by the City of Montpelier Planning Department no later than October 22, 2010.
- All photos must be taken within the city of Montpelier.
- Individuals may submit up to 5 photos; however, depending on the total number of submissions received, not all 5 will necessarily be displayed in the exhibit.
- All photos must be printed in order to be included in the exhibit. We would also appreciate digital copies of photos, so that they can be displayed through a variety of media, including the City of Montpelier website.
- Photos can range in size from 4x6 to 8x10.
- Photos should not be matted or framed.
- If submitting photos of children, one must get permission from the children’s parents.
- All submissions should include the following information:
- Photographer’s Name (optional)
- Location of the photograph (street address or nearby streets)
- Title of photo (optional)
- Permission for the City of Montpelier to post photos on the City website and in other promotional materials
To submit your photos, you may:
After the exhibit
- Give them to your Montpelier CAN! leader.
- Submit photos directly by mailing or dropping them off at the Planning Department in City Hall, 39 Main Street, Montpelier, VT, 05602
If you would like your photos back, you must pick them up from the City Planning Department within one week of the exhibit’s close.
Contact Taylor Newton
or Isaac Lawrence
in the Montpelier City Planning Department,