Landlords & Tenants
There are a number of resources available for renters and landlords in the State of Vermont. Listed below are websites, written materials and phone numbers of agencies that can provide help and information.
If you or someone you know is homeless, need shelter, or are in danger of becoming homeless dial 2-1-1.
If you are looking for affordable housing, check out the Vermont Housing Finance Agency and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development apartment searches.
- CVOEO Vermont Tenants Homepage
- Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development Resources for Renters and Landlords
- Vermont Landlords Association
- Vermont Landlord Tenant Statutes
- Vermont State Housing Authority
- Montpelier Housing Authority
- Montpelier Community Justice Center Conflict Assistance Program
- State of Vermont Building Code and Safety Services
- Lead Information for Property Owners
- Renting in Vermont Information Handbook for Tenants & Landlords
- The Definitive Guide to Renting in Vermont, 2nd Edition
- Illustrated Guide to Vermont Renter's Rights
- Renting 101 - The Rights and Responsibilities of Landlords and Tenants in Vermont Brochure
- Fair Housing and Discrimination information
- Vermont's Rental Housing Health Code
- Vermont Tenants (Division of the Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity): 802-864-0099 / Toll Free: 800-287-7971
- Vermont Landlords Association: 802-985-2764 / Toll Free: 1-888-LOW-RENT
- Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development Housing Specialist: 802-828-1346
- Montpelier Community Justice Center (Landlord/Tenant/Roommate Conflict Assistance): 802-223-9606
- State of Vermont Building Code and Safety Services: 802-479-7561 / Toll Free: 800-640-2106