- How Do I...
- Social Media
The City of Montpelier uses a variety of digital channels to inform and engage with the community. Be sure to follow us to stay up-to-date on all the latest City news:
We encourage you to submit your questions, comments and concerns but please note each social media page is moderated and not a public forum.
Once posted, the City of Montpelier reserves the right to delete comments or submissions that contain vulgar language or material, personal attacks of any kind, offensive comments that target or disparage any individual based on their race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, gender identity, political affiliation, military and veterans status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Further, the City of Montpelier reserves the right to remove comments that:
- Are surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise) or links to other sites or downloads;
- Are clearly off topic;
- Advocate illegal activity;
- Are self-promoting or promoting particular services, products, or political organizations;
- Infringe on copyrights or trademarks;
- Look to harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses;
- Use personally identifiable information; or
- Contain confidential information.
Representatives of the City of Montpelier government communicate using social media. Communication on our social media accounts, whether by a City employee or the general public, is subject to monitoring, release pursuant to a public records request, and possible disclosure to third parties. There is no expectation of privacy.
The City of Montpelier will attempt to answer any relevant and appropriate requests or questions posted through social media in a timely fashion. However, the City of Montpelier does not constantly monitor social media pages, and there is no expected timeline for response.
Comments expressed on our social media pages do not reflect the opinions and positions of the City of Montpelier or its officers and employees. If you have any questions concerning the operation of our social media pages, please contact us at 802-223-9502.