All donations of $25+ will give access to the 3/25 Special Online Celebration that includes Montpelier Community Gospel Choir and Justin Michael Williams; link will be sent the day of the event. To register and pay for the online event with another method, call 802-223-2518. More details below!
Watch the preview of our feature film here: https://youtu.be/5H268cbYMfI
March Officially Recognized as March for Meals Month!
It’s National Meals on Wheels Awareness month, and we’re thrilled that Mayor Anne Watson has officially proclaimed the City of Montpelier’s recognition! We’re excited to unroll a robust series of events to raise funds and awareness for our FEAST Senior Meals program. March 21-25th is our Community Champion Week, during which many community partners will help us celebrate our Meals on Wheels program. The current lineup of activities follow. If you are interested in plugging in to help us celebrate our delicious and vital Meals on Wheels program, please reach out to the FEAST office! Thanks in advance for your support! 802-262-6288
Thank you, sponsors!
“Friend of FEAST:” The Wild Laotian; “Stainless Steel Supporters:” Aromed, Gary Residence and Westview Meadows; “Bronze Fork:” Three Penny Taproom and “Silver Serving Spoon:” Hunger Mountain Co-op.
March for Meals’ Community Champion Week: How YOU Can Join in:
- Guest Star Deliveries: Seeking special guests to deliver meals—call if you are interested! Guest stars already on the list as of 2/28/22: Kellogg Hubbard Library, Westview Meadows and Gary Residence, VT Foodbank, Capstone, and many more.
- Tell your story! Have a special story about how Meals on Wheels has helped you or a loved one? Please share your story with us—we’ll be gathering stories to share throughout the week.
- Join our Family Event Series, Thursday, March 24th, 5:30-6:30pm: Kellogg-Hubbard Library is collaborating with MSAC to support March for Meals! Join Jolynda Burton’s Night Kitchen band and KHL’s Meliss Bunce for an early evening of online music and storytelling in honor of Meals on Wheels, plus a baking show with Wilder Arts! A pick-up to take-home art activity will also be part of this family event.
- Join our Special Online Celebration, Friday March 25th, 7:00pm: Guests will include: Montpelier Community Gospel Choir, Special Guest Star Justin Michael Williams (learn more about him here: justinmichaelwilliams.com), and a Roundtable Conversation with VT Leaders in Food Security hosted by Sarah Lipton and featuring: Mary Woodruff from the State Department on Aging and Independent Living, John Sayles, Director of the VT Foodbank, Sue Minter, Executive Director of Capstone Community Action, Kathy Paquet, Nutrition & Wellness Director at the Central VT Council on Aging, Allison Levin, Director of Community Harvest of Central VT. Fee to join: $25 per household for video only. All online donations of $25 or more will automatically result in sending you a link to the event day of. To inquire about other payment options, contact Harry at 802-223-2518 or email email@example.com.
- All proceeds from these fundraising efforts will go to ensuring that the FEAST Senior Meals Program has a vibrant future ahead. Thank you in advance for your support!
- Donate! If you are interested in supporting the March for Meals campaign further and learning more about the FEAST Senior Meals Program, or making an online donation, visit: www.montpelier-vt.org/feast.
Thank you to all who participated in and supported MSAC’s 2021 March for Meals campaign!
MSAC just wrapped up a March for Meals Campaign. This campaign exceeded our expectations - not only in surpassing our fundraising goal of $3,000 for the FEAST Senior Meal Program and increasing community awareness of FEAST, but also in the response and enthusiasm for the campaign demonstrated through community participation. During March, a total of 118 people registered for at least one of our nine online events for a total of 224 sign-ups, $2,741 was pledged as donations for those events, and 177 meals were served at the March 25th Curbside pick-up meal, with gross sales totaling an additional $1,630. All together, the March for Meals campaign brought in $4,371 in pledged donations for FEAST Senior Meals Programming!
A very special thank you to our amazingly talented and generous presenters, all of whom donated their time and expertise to bring a variety of pandemic-friendly, accessible, online events to the community: in chronological order, Erik Nielsen, Lisa Mase, Rob Mermin, Dr. Opeyemi Parham, No Strings Marionettes Company, Rick Winston, Sarah Parker-Givens, Janice Walrafen & Jason Mallery, and Shannon Hepburn. March for Meals wouldn't have been possible without you. More gratitude is in order for Chef Andre Burnier for his leadership and cooking talents for the lasagna meal production as well as the countless others who donated in smaller ways toward production costs. We are immensely grateful to our presenting sponsor—Hunger Mountain Co-op—and to the City of Montpelier, the Community Services Department staff team, and all others who helped organize and promote our campaign. And lastly, thank you community, for your support of the FEAST Senior Meals Program!
If you made a pledge for March for Meals and still need to pay it, you may mail a check to MSAC (memo line: March for Meals) and mail it to 58 Barre Street, Montpelier, VT 05602, or
March for Meals was brought to you by ...