NOTICE TO TAXPAYERS
Agreeably to the provisions of Title 32, Vermont State Statutes Annotated, Section 4111, notice is hereby given that the undersigned assessor within and for the City of Montpelier has this day completed the abstract of property owners as of the first day of April, 2021. The assessor has this same day lodged the abstract in the office of the clerk for the inspection of taxpayers.
On the 24th day of June, 2021, at 9:00 AM, the undersigned assessor will meet at City Hall, to hear appeals of the taxpayers aggrieved by actions of the assessor from whom timely grievances have been received. To be timely, such grievance must be in writing and received (postmarks not accepted) by the 24th day of June, 2021. At the close of grievance hearings, the assessor shall make such corrections in the abstract as were determined upon hearing or otherwise. Unless cause to the contrary is shown, the contents of said abstract will, for the tax year 2021, become the grand list of the city of each taxpayer named therein.
Signed at Montpelier, in the County of Washington, this 9th day of June, 2021.
Stephen Twombly, Assessor
If you wish to inspect the Abstract (Preliminary) Grand List, it is available for viewing by appointment at the City Clerk’s Office. John Odum, the City Clerk, can be reached at 802-262-6263.
- Appraisal and assessment of all real estate and business personal property.
- Maintenance of property information records, sales information, and tax maps.
- Providing information to other departments, outside agencies, and the general public.
Records Available for Review
- Copies of recent Grand Lists
- Property record files
- Tax maps
- Transfer and ownership information
- Copies of assessor produced records are available.
- Copies of records are available in the following formats:
- Grand List available electronically
- Paper copies of all records