- Boards & Commissions
- ADA Committee
About the Committee
The ADA Advisory Committee consists of nine (9) members appointed by the City Council: the ADA Coordinator as recommended by the Committee and appointed by the City Manager, a Representative from the Montpelier School System, a Representative of the City Manager's office and up to five (5) City Staff members to represent the various municipal departments which may rotate from time to time, and up to four (4) community residents. Its duties are to address access issues and monitor ADA compliance in the City. The committee is currently working on assessing municipal buildings for ADA compliance to create an inventory of access improvements to be made, and advise the City Council on issues related to accessibility and disability as they arise.
The ADA Committee’s continuing mission is to:
- Coordinate and monitor City ADA compliance
- Provide guidance and evaluate efforts to improve access to City facilities and programs
- Develop procedures to identify and correct access deficiencies, including access to communications
- Advise the City Council regarding compliance-related issues and recommend appropriate remedial actions
- Field complaints alleging the City’s noncompliance with ADA
- Connect City and community to achieve greater awareness of the ADA
For more information, please view the ADA Committee Priorities (PDF).
The ADA Advisory Committee meets quarterly, on the first Tuesday of March, June, September, and December at 10:00 AM in the City Manager's Conference Room in City Hall.
- Christ Lumbra
- Marty Robert
- Diane Richardson
- Priscilla Fox
- Tina Hagen
- Margaret Ferron
- Deanna Johnes
- Mary Alice Bisbee
- Council Representative: Sal Alfano
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Minutes | View all Agendas and Minutes | View Minutes Before 2012