The five members of the Montpelier Parks Commission are your voice in the city's parks. We guide park policy, hold monthly meetings open to the public, and help set the agenda for the work of the Montpelier Parks Department. Since we are the governing body for Montpelier's parks, this page includes information relevant to how the parks are managed. More specific information about the parks, themselves, and their use can be found on the Parks and Trees page.
Each Parks Commissioner is elected at Town Meeting Day and serves a staggered five-year term. The current Commissioners are:
- Andrew Brewer (Term expires 2023)
- Kassia Randzio, Chair
(Term expires 2024)
- Stephanie Hunt
(Term Expires 2025)
- Lincoln Frasca
(Term expires 2026)
- Emily Donaldson
(Term expires 2027)
The Parks Commission meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 6:00 PM.
The public is welcome to attend Parks Commission meetings, which are currently on Zoom. Attend the next meeting in person at city hall or join remotely by following this link, clicking on "Parks Commission Meeting" and following the Zoom link at the top of the agenda.
If you have a specific parks-related topic you would like to discuss at an upcoming meeting, please use this form to add it to the agenda. Agenda items must be requested at least a week in advance of the next meeting in order to comply with open meeting laws.
You can find the agendas and minutes for these meetings in the City's Agenda Center (scroll down for the Parks Commission).
Supporting Documents for Recent Meetings
- Draft Management Plan for Hubbard Park & the North Branch Park
- Supporting documents from recent Parks Commission meetings are here
- Montpelier Parks Greenprint Plan (PDF)
- Hubbard Park Universally Accessible Trail RTP Application, Site Plan, Supporting Documents
- Hubbard Park Universally Accessible Trail Site Plan
- Hubbard Park Universally Accessible Trail Design Specifications
- Montpelier Parks & Outdoor Recreation 2021 Survey Results (Presented Feb. 2022)
- Blanchard Park Management Plan, Adopted Dec. 7th, 2021.
- Hubbard Park Road Final Design Memo, Hubbard Park Road Final Design Plans, Hubbard Park Roads Existing Conditions Map, March 2019
- Confluence Park Conceptual Designs (2019)
- Proposal for Forestry Management in north end of Hubbard Park, December 201