Montpelier Flood Watch: Helpful Tips to stay safe and avoid damage before, during and after floods 2015 (PDF)
Flood Insurance Rate Map Zone Information
As a public service, the City of Montpelier will provide you with the following information upon request:
- Whether a property is in or out of the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) as shown on the current Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) of the City.
- Additional flood insurance data for a site, such as the FIRM zone and the base flood elevation or depth, if shown on the FIRM,
- We have a handout on the flood insurance purchase requirement that can help people who need a mortgage or loan for a property in the SFHA.
- We have copies of completed FEMA Elevation Certificates for buildings built in the floodplain since 1991.
- We have informational brochures and pamphlets available on flood safety, flood insurance, property protection measures and more.
If you would like to make an inquiry, please tell us the street address of your property. We are open 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m, Monday through Friday. Call us at 802-223-9506 or drop by the Department of Planning and Community Development in City Hall. There is no charge for this service.
Special Flood Hazard Area
For more information regarding the special flood hazard area, please view;
The Agency of Natural resources Flood Atlas,
River Corridor Area
Do you want to learn more about the River? Please visit Friends of the Winooski
Living in Harmony with Streams: A Citizen's Handbook to How streams Work