Registration is open now!
Call the Recreation Department at 225-8699 to check openings and download a registration form for Summer 2022.
No phone in registrations or emails will be accepted. All registration must have a registration form and payment to be registered for a class/program/camp/youth sports. Online registration is available for most activities. Activities that have multiple prices will not be available for online registration.
There is a locked drop box on the side entrance of 58 Barre Street in the Montpelier Senior Activity Center available 24/7. Office hours are Mondays – Fridays 9am – 4pm
All camp registration forms will need to be completed along with a copy of the child’s immunization records handed in before the child is registered for day camp.
Appling for subsidy? To have your child registered for camp you will need to have a copy of subsidy certificate with camp registration and immunization records.
Capital Kids Day Camp is returning Summer 2022! See registration form link above!
The City runs a State-licensed childcare Day Camp program, and is accepting registrations!
The Day-Camp runs 9 weeks | Children grades 1-6 (Ages 5-12) – must have completed kindergarten
The Day Camp provides youngsters with a well-balanced selection of activities. The Camp is staffed by a Director and qualified counselors. Children should bring snacks, lunch, and something to drink. Pre-registration is required. We will have a free lunch program again this summer (start date to be announced). We are a licensed childcare program and can accept state subsidy for eligible children. Please make sure your state paperwork is filled out prior to the start of the program. If you have any questions about subsidy, please call 225-8699 and ask for Norma. Immunization records must be included; otherwise we cannot admit the child to camp by state regulations.
The pavilion at the Recreation Fields, located on Elm Street, is the primary facility for our Day Camp. Drop off and pick-up will be at the pool parking lot. Each day is filled with all kinds of age appropriate activities (field games, crafts & nature activities).Day Camp provides swimming at the pool in the afternoon along with other activities. Each week of Day Camp plans to have a special event!
The camp staff consists of an experienced Day Camp Director and camp counselors who are certified in CPR and First Aid.
Parents may pre-enroll their children in Day Camp to assure a spot for the upcoming weeks, payment is due the Thursday prior to the week the child is attending.
All are welcome! Fees for Montpelier Residents (& Non-residents)
- $130.00 per week/1st camper ($175)
- $115.00 per week/2nd camper ($160)
- $ 75.00 per week/1st camper 5 half days ($108)
- $ 65.00 per week/2nd camper 5 half days ($98)
- Registration Form link is below.
- Registrations received without completion of checklist on the cover page will not be accepted.
- Call the Montpelier Recreation office at 225-8699 with any questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Payment or Subsidy Certificate and all required forms must be received before your child can begin their first day at camp.
- To cancel a week of camp and be refunded minus a $20.00 administrative fee, please fill out a cancellation form and submit 7 days prior to the start date of the week you are cancelling.
- Capital Kids Day Camp accepts state subsidies. For more information or applications, please contact: The Family Center of Washington County Child Support Services, 383 Sherwood Drive, Montpelier, VT 05602, (802) 262-3292.
2022 SUMMER DAY CAMP SESSIONS
|A (5 full days) or B (5 half days mornings) or C (5 half days afternoons)|
|SESSION 1||June 20 -- June 24||#1301 A,B,C|
|SESSION 2||June 27 - July 1||#1302 A,B,C|
|SESSION 3||July 5 - July 8||#1303 A,B,C|
|SESSION 4||July 11 -- July 15||#1304 A,B,C|
|SESSION 5||July 18 – July 22||#1305 A,B,C|
|SESSION 6||July 25 – July 29||#1306 A,B,C|
|SESSION 7||Aug 1 – Aug 5||#1307 A,B,C|
|SESSION 8||Aug 8 – Aug 12||#1308 A,B,C|
|SESSION 9||Aug 15– Aug 19||#1309 A,B,C|